Social Media & Digital Content Coordinator
We're Hiring: Social Media & Digital Content Coordinator
Joyful Learning is seeking a Social Media and Digital Content Coordinator summer intern, to help promote our educational resources through social media channels and contribute to a strong online presence for our organization.
As our Social Media and Digital Content Coordinator your role will be focused on creatively driving traffic from social media to our website and program offerings, consistently increasing followers, and generating engagement. As a part of our team, you will take the initiative to maintain and enhance our YouTube Channel, TeachersPayTeachers Store, website & blog content and implement online marketing strategies, to promote these educational resources and increase brand awareness.
Experience designing and creating content for social media is critical for this role. You should be proficient in an array of creative tools to design video, image, and text based content. You should have excellent communication and customer service skills. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of our target audience (Elementary Educators) and be capable of developing a appropriate strategies to reach this group.
- Work collaboratively with our team to ensure social media is factored into all campaigns and program offerings
- Develop innovative content and social media strategies – from ideation through to execution and post campaign analysis.
- Create and proactively manage a content calendar for our social media channels.
- Maintain and enhance our YouTube Channel content through reviewing, editing, and uploading archived event recordings.
- Maintain and enhance our TeachersPayTeachers and website ecommerce stores through reviewing, editing, and uploading educational resources created by Joyful Learning educators.
- Assist in other day-to-day social media, graphic design, and website related tasks as needed.
- Readily collaborate with other team members as needed.
- Experience using Canva, WordPress, MailChimp.
- Demonstrated success with developing engagement on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, YouTube.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage own responsibilities while working remotely.
- Excellent English writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of the Canadian elementary education context.
Job Details & Requirements:
- Successful candidate must be a Canadian citizen, enrolled full or part time in a Canadian college or university.
- This is primarily a remote position with some required on-site hours in Langley, BC.
- Earliest start date: April 18, 2022 (expected 16-20 week internship)
- Possibility of continued part-time or full-time employment upon completion of Internship.
- Flexible schedule and hours.
- This position is being coordinated by our founding sponsor, Legassie Financial Ltd.
About Joyful Learning:
Joyful Learning is a project of Legassie Education Access Foundation (LEAF), a non-profit organization dedicated to the development of affordable, community-connected educational experiences that spark joy, wonder, and a love of learning! Founded by Hayley & Jonathan Legassie in Spring 2020, Joyful Learning was initially created as a home learning plan for their own children but has since evolved into a platform serving thousands of children and teachers all across North America.