- This event has passed.
Virtual Author Visit with Terri Tatchell | Academy Award Nominee
April 8 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am PDT
This virtual author visit will feature Terri Tatchell, Academy Award Nominee and author of the Endangered and Misunderstood series.
Terri Tatchell is a Canadian writer known for her Oscar nominated work on ‘District 9’. Her love for animals and allegory have united in the creation of the ‘Endangered and Misunderstood’ series, giving the underdogs of endangered animals a lyrical voice filled with laughter, adventure and relatable themes.
Terri will spend time speaking with students about the conservation of endangered animals. She will read Adventures of a Pangopup from the Endangered and Misunderstood series, a cute story about a naughty young pangolin who thinks he knows better than his mom. Under the surface, it’s a story about kindness, navigating peer pressure, learning from our mistakes and above all the power of unconditional love. Terri’s other books include Aye-Aye Gets Lucky and Okapi Loves His Zebra Pants.
Book links above are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission.
When: Thursday, April 8th @ 9:30am PST / 12:30pm EST
What: Virtual Author Visit with Terri Tatchell
Length: 60 Minutes
Who: Everyone Welcome – Designed for K-Grade 5
Hosted By: Simbi & Joyful Learning
Curricular Connections: Language Arts, Science
Times are approximate – we will do our best to keep the event under one hour.
- Welcome & Introductions (5mins)
- Author’s Presentation (30 mins)
- Meet Terri’s animal friends and learn what it means to be endangered
- Storytime: Adventures of a Pangopup
- Spend a little time unpacking the key lessons of the story
- Q & A with the Author (15 mins)
- Brief Virtual Classroom Tour (5 mins)
- Wrap Up (5 mins)
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learners of all ages are welcome. Content is designed for kids in Kindergarten through Grade 5 who are doing in-person learning, remote learning, and homeschooling.
- Take a break as your students get restless. You can complete the event later via the YouTube Livestream. Zoom Meeting Tickets also include Livestream access.
- Continue learning after the event with our Virtual Classroom and other learning resources. We’ll spend a few minutes at the end of the event with a student focused tour of what you can do. Our learning resources are designed especially for teachers and homeschool families, who would like to dig deeper into the content and themes. Information about the learning resources will also be posted on the event webpage.
This event is hosted in partnership with Simbi.
Having technical difficulties getting registered for this event? Click here for alternative registration form.