Virtual Author Visit with Evelyn Bookless | Earth Day Special Event
April 22 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am PDTFree
In this special Earth Day Author Visit, we will be joined by author Evelyn Bookless, all the way from the Netherlands!
Evelyn’s first picture book, Captain Green and the Plastic Scene, illustrated by Danny Deeptown, won a Northern Lights Book Award for Children’s Environmental Fiction.
During our visit, Evelyn will read her book Captain Green and The Tree Machine, teaching us about deforestation and sharing ways for both young and old superhumans to help.
Captain Green and the Tree Machine is a fun and action-packed book. Captain Green is summoned to help baby animals find food, shelter and safety but is quickly overwhelmed by the enormity of his task of saving the forests. Readers will feel compassion for the animals left hungry and homeless and root for Captain Green and his team of kids who are eager to help plant trees.
Book links above are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you we may earn a small commission.
When: Thursday, April 22nd @ 9:30am PST / 12:30pm EST
Length: 45-60 Minutes
What: Virtual Author Visit with Evelyn Bookless
Who: Everyone Welcome – Designed for K-Grade 5
Curricular Connections: Language Arts, Science
Times are approximate – we will do our best to keep the event within 45 minutes.
- Welcome & Introductions (5mins)
- Author’s Presentation (30 mins)
- Brief introduction to the Captain Green Book Series
- Storytime: Captain Green and The Tree Machine
- Spend a little time unpacking the key lessons of the story
- Q & A with the Author (15 mins)
- Brief Virtual Classroom Tour (5 mins)
- Wrap Up (5 mins)
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learners of all ages are welcome. Content is designed for kids in Kindergarten through Grade 5 who are doing in-person learning, remote learning, and homeschooling.
- Take a break as your students get restless. You can complete the event later via the YouTube Livestream. Zoom Meeting Tickets also include Livestream access.
- Continue learning after the event with our Virtual Classroom and other learning resources. We’ll spend a few minutes at the end of the event with a student focused tour of what you can do. Our learning resources are designed especially for teachers and homeschool families, who would like to dig deeper into the content and themes. Information about the learning resources will also be posted on the event webpage.
This event is hosted in partnership with Simbi.
Having difficulties getting registered for this event? Click here for alternative registration form.