- This event has passed.
Silly Storytime | PreK – Grade 2 | Single Class
October 6, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 11:00 am PDT$5
Do your kids love silly stories?
Join Mrs. Legassie for this morning storytime filled with Silly Stories bound to make your kids laugh!
Amidst the giggles of silly stories, we will be practicing Making Connections – an important reading strategy for young learners. Does your kid love to tell stories about their life? Then they’ll enjoy participating in the Connection Sharing time at the end of our time together.
Most Important Details:
Subject Area: Language Arts
Class Length: 30 Minutes
Cost Per Student: $5
Target Age: PreK – Grade 2 (but everyone welcome)
Maximum Number of Students Per Class: 25
- Language and story can be a source of creativity and joy.
- Using language in creative and playful ways helps us understand how language works.
- Stories and other texts help us learn about ourselves and our families.
- Everyone has a unique story to share.
- Use developmentally appropriate reading, listening, and viewing strategies to make meaning.
- Use personal experience and knowledge to connect to stories and other texts to make meaning.
Evidence of Learning
Students will be provided with a Reading Power – Making Connections activity page to complete as an optional follow up to the the Storytime Book and Reading Strategy Lesson.
About the Instructor
Hayley is a B.C. Certified Teacher with more than a decade of teaching experience in public, private, and homeschool settings. She is passionate about meeting the diverse needs of all learners, ensuring everyone she teaches feels like they are important and that they belong. Hayley believes that learning should be fun and she infuses joy, wonder, and whimsy into learning experiences whenever possible.